Tuesday, July 23, 2013

lua

I wish I was closer, just a little closer to you right now. I wish distance would not be a matter that could, eventually, keep us apart. I wish I was closer; for everything I see in you, I envy its place, for it is near you. Every emotion, every object, every person near you, I wish it was me.
As I wish I could be that one song we both adore, the one with just a simple acoustic guitar playing with no syncronism at all, and the raspid - yet amazing - voice which transform it into a deep, soulfull, melancholic song. I wish I could be all that you feel when that song is playing, all the sadness that surrounds you and all the happiness which is the reason you smile when your hear it. As I also wish to be that book on the shelter right next to your bed, the one you regardlessly run for when looking for some answers. I wish I was the calm that washes you. I wish I could be that whisper of peace that only those words bring you. When everything is lonely, I can be my own best friend. I'll get a coffee and a paper, have my own conversations. I wish I was the brown ring of the coffee mug you put to rest on your book when it got too warm for your fingers to keep holding it. I wish I was the heat which warms your hand. I wish I was the strings of your guitar, because God only knows how tenderly you play them; and I wish I was the soft - yet strong-, harmonic and beautiful sounds that come out of that big brown-wood box of yours. Your art matters, oh, it matters so much. And how I wish I'd be the reason why you write those kind-hearted songs - songs that whoever got the opportunity to hear, was impressed and appreciated your true talent. What's so easy in the evening, by the morning  is such a drag. I wish I was the mirror on which you glance for the last time before heading out somewhere. I wish I was that gray blazer that you wear sometimes - and instantly take my breath away. I wish I could go back a year ago and go to that place where we first met, where we were strangers and by a trace of fate, some friends in common and a bit of luck, we got to know eachother. And just as soon we got along really well, - the ones who introduced us didn't seemed quite surprised, though - and the rest of the night passed by us while we talked, laughed, bonded in a particular way as we found so much to share. With beer mugs in our hands and smiles upon our faces, the night was a bless. In that moment, everything was in its right place and there was only the nod silence of approval of the possibility of something new. I've got a flask inside my pocket, we can share it on the train, and if you promise to stay conscious, I will try and do the same. Right away I knew that when I'd remember that night, I would remember it as if it had just happened - and I do. All I wish is that I could rewind this whole year back just so I could feel the way I did that night. Surprise, interest, joy, desire, doubt, calm, thrill, hope, excitement. I just wish I could hear your thoughts and find out what was running through your mind as the night passed. 
-
Months after, another night, and I was there when your arrived. We didn't say "hi". Instead, for the following hour, our eyes met several times with a shy and curious look, while we stood across the room from each other. After some time, with all the dizzyness in my head, nothing seemed better than to get some air.. Then you came up, suddenly; we stood on a balcony, contemplating the sight of the city as it slept; few were the lights at the apartments, I guess it was kind of late in everyone's clock. The view from that point was mesmerizing, the city always seemed more beautiful from that angle. There was nothing around us, it was just you and I. We barely got to talk as much, inasmuch as the intensity of your eyes looking at mine was just too strong, too deep, too inestimable. I felt like we were magnetized, 'cause our bodies kept getting closer. What's so simple in the moonlight, now it's so complicated. I wish I was the look on your eye that day, and the touch of your hand, and your lips as they kissed mine. I know you have a heavy heart, I can feel it when we kiss. I wish I was the grace of that moment. I wish I found a way to get closer to you somehow. And I'm not sure what the trouble was that started all of this, the reasons all have run away but the feeling never did. These butterflies in my stomach when I got near you, the tingly fingers, the desire to be around you, this doesn't have a name yet. I wish it had. I wish I was the grace of that moment. I wish I found a way to get closer to you somehow. And I'm not sure what the trouble was that started all of this, the reasons all have run away but the feeling never did. 
-
I know that it is freezing but I think we have to walk, keep waving at the taxis, they keep turning their lights off. I wish I had gone to that bar last saturday just to see how you would react, just so you'd had talked to me, just so we had another memory.
-
my favorite of all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aZh261KZWI

No comments:

Post a Comment